Last updated: 16 April, 2018
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Festination Ltd, company number 11006758 trading as Festination.com of 77 High Street, Littlehampton, BN17 5AG, United Kingdom (“Festination.com”).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site Festination.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Festination.com and when you report any feedback with our site.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
- Estimate our audience size or usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our site.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
To find out more about cookies, visit https://cookiesandyou.com/.
Third Party Cookies
We sometimes embed content from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Mixcloud, Soundcloud and Stay22 into the site for better user experience. Pages with this embedded content may set a cookie from these third party websites. Festination.com does not control the setting of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Festination.com website uses third-party services, such as Hotjar and Google Analytics. Cookies from such services are used to collect data for statistical reports.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will not support any loss incurred through its sharing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.