Write For Us!
Hey there, and thank you for your interest in contributing a guest post to Festination. We are happy to see that you’d like to contribute a guest post to our site, and we’d love to give you a platform to express your ideas and share your knowledge.
To make sure we are on the same page please read our guidelines carefully. Here you go!
What we accept
- Original works only (content must be 100% unique and not re-published anywhere else on the web)
- Well written, grammatically correct pieces (please run a quick check via Grammarly before submission)
- 600-800 words
- Use "Heading 1", "Heading 2"... etc. formats and paragraphs to make it easy to read
- Non-promotional content please (mentioning your service/product is ok, if it’s truly relevant for our readers)
- Use inbound links (to our previous articles, or festivals from our main page)
- Use outbound links (to trusted and well known sites please)
- Must be closely related to music festivals.
- Tone: keep in mind that our readers are between 18-38 (and love to party and travel)
- We love useful, practical pieces. When writing “explore local bars” let us know exactly what place you’d recommend!
- Types of articles we like
- Collections: 7 Must Visit Festivals In Belgium, 7 Stunning Festivals For This Summer
- Guides: 10 Things To Do In Paris During Lollapalooza
- "How To..." articles
What we don’t do
- Affiliate links
- Links to spammy, non-relevant sites
- Negative stuff and gossips. We know, there are some bad things happening too, but we want to hear about the positive stuff
Send us an email with "Guest post" in the subject line to [email protected] with the following
- 2-3 titles that you could write about confidently (get creative, use titles that you’d immediately click on when they appear on your Facebook wall)
- Short draft to each (just to give us an idea what it’ll be about, 3-4 bullet points is cool)
- Links to your previous articles around the web
If we like your ideas we’ll get back to you in 1-2 weeks. We read every email, but we are kinda busy around here, so we can’t reply to every request.
If you don’t hear back from us in 4 weeks feel free to publish the piece somewhere else or read the guidelines again and pitch something new.